Thursday, August 16, 2007

Deathly Hallows-Terrific Read

I've managed to read Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, not once but twice. I ashamed to admit this, but could not resist the temptation to read from a pdf copy that got forwarded to me..(how the hell am I supposed to resist that!!) and then I lured one of my friends to "gift" me the book and re-read that during my flight journey...non-stop even in the queues :)

So, did I like it...Yes...and big YES...It had that typical bollywood masala feel to it...sentiments, action, drama, nail biting tensions and ofcourse romance and a typical "bollywood-ish" ending...
What more can I ask for...?

The book itself aside, walking with that book in my hands, made me strike conversations with a whole bunch of people, all around the world while travelling...
There was this lady in Detroit who was reading the book and asked me what portion of the story I am at, how did I like it and all that...
And I had the airhostess in the Amsterdam-Hyd flight, asking me if the book was good enough...should she wait for her sister to finish and give it to her or should she go ahead and buy the book...! (Ofcourse I asked her to buy)
And kids in the plane were very fascinated seeing the book in my hands and started conversing with me...referring to me as "akka..." :)

Couldn't think of any other apt example for "truly global", "small world", "one family" and all those cliched terms...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home