Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A movie on a week-day

Okay...our maid was sick so I couldn't come in for work yesterday. So, after having some incredibly good time with Dhriti and getting her to sleep, I started watching Umrao Jaan. Yeah, we bought that DVD some weekends back hoping to see it someday (the seeing part is ME only, not WE!)

And it was actually quite okay, slow-ish kind of movie but really...Ash was not bad....she actually was good in some way...Abhishek was the one who was bad...not really suitable for the role and Suniel Shetty ...blahhh..

this actually set me thinking...we normally follow the trend don't we? If lots of people say Ash is very plastic, doesn't know how to act...we expect the same thing. I am really not sure if Abhishek is the greatest amongst the current actors, is he really that good? Or is it again the people's voice and not mine? Don't really know!

But who cares..as long as I get to watch a movie un-interrupted on a weekday, that's good enough for me!

A quick snapshot of what i watched over the last few weekends:
Don-Good and all but too many twists in the tale. And couldn't compare with the older version coz I almost forgot that :(
Dor - Interesting movie and every one was good except for Nagesh Kukunoor. Gul Panag is actually very cute :)
Janeman- Yet to finish this fare, maybe wrong timing (Dhriti was trying to eat food off my plate) or whatever but I somehow didn't like the part that I saw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home